The Gift That Matters

MerryChristmasBanner_Ignite2.jpg

The Gift That Matters

We are in the season of hope and wonder. Family, friends and colleagues. Time together, memories shared, exchanging of gifts, expressions of thanksgiving. Cognizant of the image of a baby in a manger, the gift from God that matters most.

The greatest gift of all.

For some it has been a very difficult season as well. Friends who have gone to the loving arms of Jesus in our minds many years too soon; relationships that have been strained with only the hope for reconciliation; ministry efforts that remind us unless the Lord builds the house we labor in vain who build it; and the list goes on. We all have had times of struggling and crisis where keeping our eyes on the manger can often be too difficult of a task, losing sight of the Gift that matters most.

As we come to the close of our Fall semester, and near the end of 2017, I am reminded of the many who have supported our small college, the trusting parents who have released their children to come, the commitments to pray and believe with us for God’s provision, the students, faculty and staff who make such a huge effort to build a learning and discipling community and reaching out for the expansion of the kingdom for God. Even with all that is right and good there are times where the focus has been on the horizon, looking for shepherds to come along side of us, and wise men to bring their gifts of gold. I suppose that is true for many of us who are so focused on praying and looking for provision when we need to remember that if we would keep our eyes focused on the greatest gift of all, the shepherds and wise men will be summoned to come along side as well!

Thankful for so much but especially for the gift that matters most. Merry Christmas!

Michael Larkin PhD
President
Ignite-LPC

Thank you to our financial supporters who have been generous throughout 2017.  You can still make a year-end contribution online by clicking the button below.

Your financial support influences the lives of students like Bethany and Jordan. Read below to see the impact you are making when you give to Ignite-LPC.

BethanyYeager.PNG

Bethany Yeager – Ignite Graduate
Missionary to Costa Rica

Ignite taught me many lessons, and my time there was full of learning, stretching, and growing closer in my walk with God. It has changed me in ways I could not have imagined and prepared me for my ministry in ways I am still learning. 

IMG_2768.JPG

Jordan Mabe
Sophmore

I chose to come to Ignite because it is a place where I feel accepted and encouraged to walk out the call God has placed on my life. Attending Ignite has given me a thirst to know Him and a passion to follow Him that I have never known.

24958995_1623848914304742_3996456947426050671_o.jpg

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas! Thank you for your continued support of Ignite-LPC. May God bless you and your family as we jump into 2018!

Love, The Ignite-LPC Staff